This site is optimized for viewing at 1024 x 768 pixels.
For proper viewing, please, should use the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher
- Firefox, Chrome and Safari latest versions
1. Service offered
2. Regulations to protect the copyright: the pictures: the site
3. Regulations in defense of privacy
4. General conditions of sale
1. Service offered
The website www.alinariarchives.it is addressed to publishers, service firms, advertising agencies, companies and private users that intend to consult the Alinari digital catalogue free of charge and request possible detailed estimates for the use of the pictures chosen, with an eye to possible subsequent implementation of the licensing contract at the legal headquarters in Largo Fratelli Alinari, 15 – Florence. This site allow for on-line sales (e-commerce). Access to the site also includes an on-line contact with FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. personnel for personalized in-depth searches in the Alinari archives. Access to certain sections of the site requires a password. This password is assigned upon registration in the special web page, called "new user". Use of the password is strictly personal: the password cannot be ceded, with whatever claim, to third parties, nor can it be used for purposes other than those for which it was assigned. The holder is required to make sure that no minor (even if a relative or a third party) is witness to or participates in operations of search or selection of the relevant pictures, to safeguard the sensibility and psychic integrity of the minor. FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. holds no responsibility regarding third parties with regards to the violation by the password holder of the absolutely unbreakable regulations above. Fratelli Alinari IDEA S.p.A. reserves full rights to prohibit access to the site to subjects who have violated the above regulations.
2. Regulations for protecting the copyright: the pictures; the site
The assigning of the password allows access to the site, with free consultation of the digital pictures.
2.1 The pictures
The images are protected with visible and invisible watermarkings. It is absolutely forbidden to use the web site for pornographic purposes. Users cannot lend, rent, sell any images or transmit them to external supports like, for example, HDs, USB drives, DVDs, blogs, social networks, web forums, or use the images in any other form of online services. It is absolutely forbidden to use the pictures for other purposes without authorization from FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A., the photographer, the personages depicted, the museums, libraries or institutions claiming rights of authorship, economic use or any other right to the photograph or the work of art reproduced. For the reproduction of pictures of art subjects made by living artists or those who died less than 70 years ago, authorization must be obtained from those owning the right or from the SIAE that represents them. Should the user desire to use the pictures for purposes other than study or exclusively personal use or should the user wish to have a higher resolution print, he must contact FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. (Largo Fratelli Alinari, 15, Florence) directly. The pictures that can be consulted on this website come from the FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. fund (Fratelli Alinari Museum of the History of Photography and Alinari Archives) and from the photographic archives managed or represented by FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. The pictures in the site belong to all effects to FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. and through FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. to the respective owners. Alinari oversees and safeguards any traditional reproduction and/or hire that may ensue. The pictures are protected by copyright laws (subsequently, also “copyright”) throughout the world in conformity with the copyright laws. FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. refuses all responsibility for an improper or unauthorized use of the pictures, in violation of the regulations above which are to be considered absolutely unbreakable. In accessing the site and consulting the pictures in the digital Archive of the firm, the user accepts the conditions that protect the copyright, as established in these pages, by Italian law and the extant relevant conventions and international treaties, to which express reference is made.
2.2. The site
This entire website belongs to Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A., with headquarters in Florence, Italy, Largo Alinari n. 15, entered at n. 11771 of the business register of Florence, with a nominal capital of € 5.000.000,00 completely subscribed and paid up, tax number 00430850487.
All its contents have been predisposed and are governed in conformity to the laws in force in the Republic of Italy.
Access to the site, on the conditions described above, is free and implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions by the user:
Properties of the site
The contents (pictures, texts, music if any, etc.), the configuration and, more in general, the organization of this website, as well as the software and the databanks contained therein, are the exclusive property of Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. or the respective authors (where named) and are safeguarded in conformity with Italian law. The reproduction, total or partial, with any analogical or digital means whatsoever, of the contents, configuration, organization, software and data banks in this site, without previous written authorization by Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A., is absolutely prohibited. The users who wish to make use of quotations as in the form of reports, studies, critiques or reviews of parts of the contents of this site must request prior authorization from Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A..
Marks and distinctive signs
All the marks and distinctive signs contained in this site belong exclusively to the respective owners.
Alinari and Fratelli Alinari are registered trademarks.
It is absolutely forbidden to use the Alinari and Fratelli Alinari marks as meta-tags (key words) for websites.
Anyone wishing to activate links and deep-links to this site must have written authorization from Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A., which will always and in any case retain the unappealable right to request at any time the removal and/or modification of links activated with its own site.
Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. guarantees that all links with external sites managed by third parties present in their website have all been authorized by the respective owners or, in any case, in the absence of explicit refusal. Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. is of course not responsible for the correct functioning of the links to external sites nor the contents of these sites.
Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. shall in no way be held responsible for any damage or injury direct or indirect that may arise during the consultation to users of its site and sites linked to it, as well as for any malfunction, interruption, error in transmission or link to its site and sites linked to it.
Obligations of the users
With the exception of everything covered in the preceding paragraphs, entering this site the users commit themselves not to use the site itself to violate in any form or way the rights of Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. or of third parties. In particular the users promise not to use the site to transmit, place or in any way broadcast contents that are harmful, contrary to the law morality.
It is also forbidden to use the site in such a way as to interrupt, damage or render less efficient a part or the whole of the site.
In case of violation of the conditions of access, the user will be punished in conformity with the law maintaining always and in any case the rights of Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. to take action against them for compensation of any damage that may have occurred.
Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A. reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel, freely and without prior notice and at its own exclusive and unappealable discretion, the terms, contents and conditions of access to this site.
3. Regulations for safeguarding privacy
In compliance with section 10 of Law No. 675/96 “Protection of persons and other subjects with respect to the treatment of personal data” (hereafter referred to simply as “Law”) we wish to inform you:
1) that the personal data furnished to FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. upon registration by clicking in the following space on this web page, or otherwise acquired during our activity, in full respect of the legislative and contractual purviews in force, will be processed in full respect of the above cited provisions and obligations regarding privacy provided for therein;
2) that by the processing of personal data in compliance with section 1, paragraph 2, under ( b) of the Law, is meant any operation or complex of operations, carried out with or without the aid of electronic or automatized means, concerning the collection, registration, organization, preservation, elaboration, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, communication, diffusion, cancellation and distribution of the data. The processing will be done using automatized and non-automated equipment, with controlled access and in compliance with the methods listed in sections 9 and 15 of the Law and the relative regulations of implementation. In particular, the data collected will be handled with instruments that will guarantee their security and confidential nature, in line with what is prescribed in general by section 15 of the Law and in particular by the DPR 318/99, abiding by the Racc. 99/5 of the European Council of Ministers;
3) that the data will be used for institutional purposes, connected with or instrumental in the activity of our Firm such as registration, access control, archiving, elaboration and in particular
a) to offer consultation and printing services of the pictures in this site, in line with the conditions and terms specifically described in the space devoted to them, under "Legal aspects";
b) to meet the legal obligations connected with civil, fiscal, accounting norms etc., for the administrative management of the relationship you may decide to establish with our firm;
c) to meet obligations of a contractual nature, of technical support and information, of assistance;
d) to communicate information on future initiatives aimed at promoting art and culture, commercial initiatives, announcements of new services and offers.
4) that you are not legally obligated to provide your personal data, but they are necessary for access to the site, which is controlled access, and for consultation and printing of the pictures contained therein, in line with the conditions and terms specifically dealt with in the space provided above. We therefore request that you consent to the conditions for use of this data by FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. for the purposes and modalities listed in Nos. 2 and 3 above. We must warn you that if you do not agree, you will not be able to continue in the consultation of this site, in defense of FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. and any others who may have rights of ownership to the pictures here reproduced. In addition, your personal data must be furnished in keeping with the legal obligations related to civil, fiscal, accounting etc. norms for the administrative management of the relationship you may wish to establish with our firm and to meet the relative obligations of a contractual nature, technical support and technical information, of assistance. Failing this it will not be possible to continue with the contractual services we furnish. If you are not interested in possible future promotional and/or commercial information, you may refuse to consent the use of the data for such purposes;
5) that, regarding to their processing, the data will be collected in our data base and registered so as to consent access only to those charged by FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. with their processing. They can be processed, respecting the objectives listed above, within FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A. or they can be communicated outside to our commercial partners and out advisors (professionals and professional studios), subject to your express agreement in this sense, for the purposes indicated above.
We also wish to inform you that you can at any moment exercise the rights listed in section 13 of Law 675/96 which we summarize below:
a. have free access to the contents of the Register as in section 31 of Law 675/96 to know whether there are data which regard you;
b. be informed of the: 1.name, denomination, corporate name, domicile, seat of the person in charge of processing. 2. objectives and malities of procession. 3. name, denomination, corporate name, domicile, seat of the processing manager;
c. obtain from the person in charge: 1.Confirmation of the existence of relevant personal data and communication of them in intelligible form. Information regarding the reasons and purposes of the processing. 2.Cancellation and transformation into anonymous form of the data or block of data taken in violation of the law including those for which preservation is not necessary with regards to the purposes for which they have been collected and processed. 3. Updating amendment or integration of the data. 4. Certification that the operations in numbers 2 and 3 have been brought to the attention of those to whom the data have been communicated or diffused except in the case in which it is impossible to carry out or comports the use of means manifestly disproportionate with respect to the right being protected.
d. object, in its entirety or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data which concerns you, even though they are pertinent to the objectives of the data collection;
e. object, in its entirety or in part, to the processing of personal data which concern you , provided for the purpose of commercial information or the sending of advertising material or direct sale or for the carrying out of market surveys or interactive commercial communication and to be informed by the person in charge, before, and not after, the moment in which these data are communicated or diffused, of the possibility of freely exercising this right.
In exercising this right, the interested party can, in writing, delegate power of attorney or proxy to individual persons or to associations.
The holder of the processing is FRATELLI ALINARI I.D.E.A. S.p.A., with seat in Largo Fratelli Alinari n. 15, 50123 Florence, C.C.I.A.A. n. 11771 – Reg.Imp.Trib.FI n.2897, share capital € 10.000.000,00 tax number 00430850487 persona of the pro tempore legal representative. Person in charge of the processing is Claudio de Polo Saibanti
If you are interested in further information on privacy and your rights in this matter, you can connect to the official site guarantor of the protection of personal data.
4. General conditions for sale
The images on the Alinari on-line catalogue are displayed just for reference and could be requested as high resolution for licensing of use. Otherwise it is mandatory to send previously a written request to the Alinari Archives at email@example.com, containing all use details.
All communications and requests for authorization mentioned above must be sent registered mail with return receipt to the following address: Fratelli Alinari I.D.E.A. S.p.A., Largo Alinari 15, 50123 FIRENZE, or by e-mail to the following box: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the user does not intend to accept, completely or in part, the present conditions, he must interrupt consultation of the site.
Accessing the site, browsing through the firm’s digital Archive and selecting the pictures contained therein, implies acceptation by the user of all the conditions defined in these pages and by Italian law and by the extant international conventions and treaties on the subject, to which reference is expressly made.
Any controversy regarding the execution of the service and/or the interpretation of these pages is to be submitted to the exclusive competence of the law courts of Florence.