(Meximieux 1820 – Lyons1889)
Active between 1842 and 1872 in various Italian cities, the first accounts of him can be found on the labels of some daguerreotypes from Genoa but, starting in 1856, his main photo shop was located in Naples.
The numerous awards he won bear witness to his successful business. Very attentive to technical evolution, he stopped using the daguerreotype as soon as the new negative-positive procedure, introduced by William Henry Fox Talbot, was able to provide high-quality images. He then passed to wet collodion process and then the dry collodion process. He was also the pioneer of stereoscopic photography in Italy and worked as a portraitist and witness to contemporary events.