(Naples 1831 – Campobasso 1915)
After studying painting in Naples, Antonio Trombetta began devoting himself to photography around 1860s. He then established the “Studio Fotografico Trombetta” where, starting in the 1890s, he was joined by his son Alfredo. During the years they shared the atelier, it is hard to distinguish the work of the father from that of his son. In fact, Alfredo, thanks to the influence of his father, was quite inclined to the painting style that created different though similar results, on the one hand “photopaintings” and a painting tendency. For many years, the Studio Trombetta remained a reference point for photography in Molise, with an output ranging from landscapes to monuments, portraits to popular customs and folkloric and religious traditions.