(Reggio Emilia 1880 – Milan 1967)
At twenty-two he left Reggio Emilia for Milan where, in 1908, he opened his photo studio on Via Brera 5. His passion for the theatre led him to approach the world of culture and performance. In fact, his atelier quickly became a key location for celebrities of the age who wanted him to take their portraits. In 1922, he took part in the first International World’s Fair of Photography in Turin, while, in 1930, he was the official photographer of the wedding between Edda Mussolini and Galeazzo Ciano. In 1965, aware of the loss of popularity of portraiture in favor of a new aesthetic notion based on instantaneous shots, he stated he no longer wished to keep up with the trends and chose to close his business.